Saturday, January 22, 2011

you will find peace&happiness in mind&heart. -Panda Express

So, I had a pretty great day today. I went to work. Then after I went to dinner with my family. My grandparents came along too, so that was really great. For those of you who don't know my grandpa dave, it's a shame. He is probably my favorite person ever. He was telling Cass and me about a phone call he got today. It was this lady asking him about something dealing with work, he answered the question and expected just to hang up. The lady then said "You know, all of the people I work with over here are mormon, and I know you're mormon. And you guys are so nice and are always trying to improve things, but why do all of these Bible groups I go to talk about how your religion is a cult?" *Just so you all know this is one of my favorite LDS questions I get asked. I always respond by telling them that we are in a cult and it's great, and they should join us.* My grandpa, having a way better answer than me, told her that we aren't a cult, we are Christians. If you look at what our name is, it's a dead give away who leads our church, The Church of Jesus Christ. But my grandpa ended up on the phone with this woman for awhile just teaching her about the church. It turns out that she had been talking to her grandson and he had told her how he loved being around the guys from school who were mormon because they were so nice and he loved the feeling he got when he was around them. I loveeee stories like this. Hearing this, it just made me wish that I could be a missionary. I would be able to answer questions people have if someone were to ever come to me with them. I've always wanted to go on a misson, so maybe one day I will. I guess I'll see where I'm at in my life when the time comes.

No comments: