Saturday, January 8, 2011

Proverbs 3:5&6



So sometimes when I'm having a hard time with something, I like to randomly open my scriptures and read a verse.... Usually that scripture will always help me with the problem that I am having. (SO just a little back ground info... I've had this problem that has been on my mind lately and I was asked to pray and fast about it, so I did. I got my answer and didn't like it. So, I began the process again. Fasted. Prayed. Same answer. Didn't like it. But the "problem"... let's say got the same answer and took care of things.) Anywayssss, so today I opened up my scriptures and I was in Proverbs. And I was a little hesitant to find my "Scripture of the Day" in the Bible, I usually like ones in the Book of Mormon better, butttttt our lesson in Sunday school was about how we need to read the Book of Mormon and the Bible equally. Soooo I decided to stay in Proverbs. So I closed my eyes and pointed to a scripture... and sure enough, it's a scripture that goes with what I have been dealing with.
Proverbs 3:5&6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
So after reading that I felt like an idiot for questioning the answer my Heavenly Father gave me about my problem. But after reading that, I had this reassuring feeling come over me, and I know that everything will work out in my favor. The Lord is on my side and I can't lose with that. I found a quote from President Hinckley that I really loved. It's nice knowing that I'm never alone and I always have Him to count on.

"Never assume that you can make it alone. You need the help of the Lord. Never hesitate to get on your knees in some private place and speak with Him. What a marvelous and wonderful thing is prayer. Think of it. We can actually speak with our Father in Heaven. He will hear and respond, but we need to listen to that response. Nothing is too serious and nothing too unimportant to share with Him."
--Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments: