Sunday, January 2, 2011

new year, new changes.


So, I figured since it was a new year, I would actually try to keep up with my blog. I can't say that my life is super amazing and interesting and everyone will be so excited to log on to read my blog, but I want to keep a blog for me. Just for my own keepings. I can't say that 2010 was my year. It definitely wasn't the best. So I'm hoping that I will be able to makes some changes in my life and make 2011 MY year. I have a TON of new years resolutions and I intend on keeping them. The resolutions that I've made will definitely help me come closer with my Heavenly Father and make me a better person. What else could I ask for? In relief soceity today, we had a lesson about being born of God and having Christ in our countenance. It made me think of something that happened to me years back. I think it was back in 2007. I was at a conference with my mom and Jeffery R. Holland spoke. After the conference, Elder Holland made his way down from the pulpit and was shaking peoples hands. I was too nervous to go over to meet him, plus there were tons of people already surrounding him.I remember thinking it was amazing to listen to him, let alone be in his presence, so I concidered myself lucky with just that. I continued the conversation I was having with my mom when I noticed Elder Holland was walking up to me. He put one of his hand on my shoulder and with the other he took my hand. My heart was just POUNDING. I was sure he would be able to see it. And with the biggest smile on his sweet face, Elder Holland said to me, "You're countenance is just glowing." I don't think that I have ever felt that amazing in my life since that moment. I think I had forgotten about this event for awhile and my relief soceity lesson made me think of it today. I want to make sure that I am always striving to do and be my best so that I can be privileged enough to have Christ in my countenance. And this year, I will make sure that happens.

No comments: